Wellness & Safety
- Earthquake or Other Large Disaster: Check on neighbors and then report to the Victory Heights park. In the event of a strong earthquake or long-term power outage, we will need to be self-sufficient. First responders will be overwhelmed and pulled to the most vulnerable areas of the City. Being a predominantly single-family home community, Victory Heights will NOT be a priority for City officials. The Emergency Communication Hub box near the tennis court has supplies to help our community organize, communicate, and support one another until professional support services can arrive. The Hub organization is a grass roots, all-volunteer program that coordinates with the City of Seattle to help communities react quickly in the wake of a disaster. Periodic “disaster practices” give us a chance to improve our response as well as educate our newer neighbors about how the Hub system works. Reach out to the Community Council if you would like to learn more or get more actively involved.
- Police: Located in Sector L2, Victory Heights is served by the North Precinct of the Seattle Police Department, led by Captain Kevin Grossman. SPD N. Precinct provides 24/7 proactive patrol and 911 emergency response to our region, along with bike patrol, Anti-Crime Teams, Burglary/Theft investigation, Community Police Teams and Crime Prevention Coordinators.
- Numerous Victory Heights residents volunteer on the North Precinct Advisory Council (NPAC), which interfaces with local law enforcement to share community concerns and questions, and provide valuable insights into the efforts and issues of the Department back to our community. Please contact your Community Council if you’re interested in learning more about NPAC.
- Fire: Victory Heights is located within two miles of three stations of the Seattle Fire Department (SFD), led by Fire Chief Harold Scoggins: Station 31 in Northgate, Station 39 in Lake City, and Station 40 in Wedgwood. Click here to learn more about SFD.
- AlertSeattle: You can sign up for emergency alerts from the city from the AlertSeattle website.
- Hospital: UW Medical Care Center – Northwest “is a full-service medical center based in North Seattle, offering emergency and inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and therapeutic care. The hospital offers personalized, quality care on a beautiful, easy-to-access, 44-acre campus that includes the neighboring Northwest Outpatient Medical Center and Specialty Care Meridian Pavilion.”
- Clinics: There are several other health services located conveniently close to Victory Heights:
- South Health provides counseling, addiction treatment, telehealth, and other youth and family mental treatment services.
- Concentra Urgent Care provides injury treatment, physical therapy, immunizations, physicals, and other services.
- Pacific Medical Center Northgate offers Primary and Speciality care for a wide variety of health needs.
- Kindred Hospital Seattle is an 80-bed long-term acute care hospital, offering 24/7 clinical care.
- Northwest Allergy and Asthma Center offers a wide variety of services associated with skin and sinus irritation.
- Pharmacies: Victory Heights is conveniently located close to several chain pharmacies throughout the Northgate neighborhood, including Bartell, Walgreens, QFC, and the CVS located within Target.
Find It, Fix It
The City of Seattle maintains an exceptional program and smartphone app known as Find It, Fix It. This is the #1 way to report non-emergency community issues to the City, which then reroutes the reports to the appropriate regional departments. By downloading the free app, residents can click a picture, enter detailed information, include a location, and simply tap “Submit,” and that individual will receive frequent updates as the City works to resolve the issue.
The wide range of issues Find It, Fix It can be used to rectify include:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Litter & illegal dumping
- Needed Parks & Recreation maintenance
- Overgrown vegetation
- Broken streetlights and signage
- And much more!
Click here to visit the City’s Find It, Fix It page and download the app!